Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Monday!

I know, weird, right??? It's so strange! Although I had plenty to do Saturday, and SHOULD have cleaned up Sunday (I got the kitchen a bit neater, but didn't work on my room at all, sigh), it was a miserable weekend.
Now don't get me wrong, I had a GREAT time up in the Gettysburg area to do an Adams County Winery tasting and tour. I love my friends, we had a great time, and then a few of us wandered around the battlefields (mostly in the car because my god it was so windy!).
But I couldn't stop missing Matt. I just wanted him there with me to experience it. And it didn't help that he had an "Emmers withdrawal" weekend as well, so we were both frustrated at the distance. Sigh, it's tough when the person that really completes you is across the country. I just keep trying to think of it as training for the dreaded D word. I know that'll be worse, so I try and keep my spirits up. It was just tough this weekend.


But for some reason today, I couldn't be happier. I'm just in this jolly mood and it is beyond amazing! The things that have gotten me down are still there, but aren't weighing on me. I was motivated to start updating my resume and profile on USAJobs.gov. I'm getting work done super fast and efficiently. And I can't get the smile off my face!
Haha, I guess I'm wondering why. Just like I wonder why I get so down sometimes when there really isn't a good reason. Same here! It's a bit confusing. :-p


Either way, what a beautiful day it is. :)

No comments: