Monday, September 13, 2010

I don't see it

Maybe it was because of all those awkward years with the big glasses, braces, permanent part in my hair that wouldn't go away for anything, etc.
Maybe it was Douchebag never telling me I was beautiful unless he was trying to win me back, and me having to beg for ANY opinion if I sent him a picture.

But I have been told today that I am gorgeous, and also that I am "soooooo pretty!"

And I don't see it.
I don't think I'm hideous mind you. But what am I not seeing? Matt tells me all the time how beautiful I am. And I think the inside is. I love the inside. I love love love me. And I love my boobs (they are my joys in life, I feel blessed :)) But the rest of the outside? Don't see it.

Sigh, I wonder if this will EVER change???

2 comments:

Caroline said...

It will take a long time for you to "see it," but you are already a step there thinking that the inside of you and your boobs are beautiful! Hold on to that knowledge and try just accepting the "you're sooo pretty comments," not necessarily as truth, but just as fact that someone said them to you.

You ARE beautiful and one day you WILL believe it.

Colleen said...

In the very short time we have talked, I have realized that not only are you beautiful outside, but you are just as beautiful inside. Don't you ever let anyone convince you otherwise.