Friday, October 18, 2013

Holiday drinkage

What's your favorite holiday drink??? I have too many to count, although mulled wine if realllly up there. I mean. It's wine. Y'all know me (Oh, yea, I say "y'all" nonstop now. I effing LOVE Texas!). 

But last year, after becoming really close to one of my best friends Amanda, I made up my own drink! This woman can make a MEAN white russian with just the right amounts of milk, vodka, and Kahlua to warm the belly and leave me begging for more! A friend had given me some random liquors, including a peppermint mocha Kahlua. Um. Yum, first off. But it was the beginning of the holiday season, and I wanted to do something with it! Welp, turns out we had some marshmallow vodka. And the result? What I like to call a White Ded Moroz!

Which sounds like it's made for Halloween. But Ded Moroz is actually the Russian Santa! So this holiday treat is PERFECTLY named, I think :) Anyway, it's easy to make. I do equal parts peppermint mocha Kahlua, marshmallow vodka, and then milk until it tastes perfect, basically. Here is my concoction, the latter picture all prettied up with the window view which would have been better if you could read the Kahlua bottle. Sad face. 

Enjoy :)




And yes, I am definitely drinking it right now!

No comments: