Monday, December 3, 2012

Crocheted Creation - Christmas Stockings

It's that time of year again!!!! Since hubby and I will be moving basically right after Christmas... 
and we have no idea where our lives will take us, so saving is better right now... 
and if the movers can only come before Christmas, than the tree will have to be down early...
 I decided, at the very least, that we would hang stockings!

But wait.

He has his goofy Corps Cadets ones.

I finally got mine from childhood... covered in Mickey Mouses....

And the real reason? They don't match! I like things matching and looking purty! 
So I decided to take things into my own hands (and hook!) and find a pattern :)
 Since we're saving, I also DEFINITELY needed a free pattern. 
I took my tookus over to ravelry and searched!
  These are the ones that were simple, and just perfect! 

By the way, this is the first time I've ever made stockings. They caused a bit of anxiety in the midst of making them, as I had NO idea if I was correctly following the pattern! I got worried and sent my friend this picture to show how it just kind of looked like yarn vomit to start...




And when my friend started making them, I sent her these AWESOME diagrams to try and explain how to do the hell and then to foot. The only thing I didn't like about the pattern was the fact that there was a "right" side and a "wrong" side. Really, Red Heart?? I have enough trouble trying to tell my rights and LEFTS apart!

Explaining how to go from the heel to the foot. You know. In case you need help as well!

See? Yea it doesn't make much sense...

Honestly, you should have seen the instructions for how to make the toe.
 Lots of boob words thrown around!

Anywho, after making most of it, I of course realized I made too many rows of green 
(the first stocking at least) and redid almost all of the crocheting after the heel.
Once it was finished though, I LOVED it! 
Super fun sewing it together and seeing it really FULLY take shape. 
And after making the first one, it was much easier to make another (and then two for my bestie and her hubs)

Here are the finished results! I hope you enjoy! And if you choose to make these, feel free to ask questions :)

Pretty!
AWESOME stocking hanger from http://www.markandkassie.com/ :)
Miss you guys! Wish we could do another ugly sweater minute to win it party!!
(that's right, we won that gorgeous baseball-playing Santa!)





No comments: